Security is a major challenge to the IoT’s growth. Data collected in IoT projects are often very sensitive and Industries need a strong security framework to prevent from unauthorized viewing and modification of data. Brainium is based on the following fundamentals for its Edge to Cloud security:
Firmware code reverse engineering protection
- MCU readout protection
- Firmware image encryption
Secure firmware update
- Firmware code signing and signature validation
Transport layer security
Device-to-cloud gateway independent end-to-end security using TLS v.1.2 hardware implementation including:
- ECDH key exchange
- AES256 encryption
- Device and cloud authority validation based on x509 ECC certificates
- Tamper resistant storage of device private key and cloud certificate authority using hardware secure element
- Device-to-cloud gateway independent end-to-end security using TLS v.1.2 hardware implementation including:
The solution includes a Hardware & Software system design using SE providing tier-1 security level. On top of standard TLS, x509 certificate makes the solution more robust, maintainable and reliable.
Session data and key authentication is maintained end-to-end with device to cloud architecture, gateway being agnostic.